Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Personal Update and Randomness

So I posted a blog all ready to start posting shit up every week, but then life happened and I didn't get a chance to.  Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot to report!  I only over the past week or so started to feel better from being sick.  I'm really, really happy to be done with all of that.  I didn't really do any new looks between being sick and working.  However, I've come up with a lot of new ideas for makeup concepts and series I REALLY wanna do this year, I just need to get supplies cause some of the fx looks I don't have exactly what I need, but they are really cool in my head and I hope to get some out to you all soon.  I also want to do a blog about my skin care routine.  I get a lot of questions as to how I take care of my skin and what I use, so I think it would be a good first review for my newly revamped blog!

I've really just been focusing on my days off on cleaning and getting rid of some old clutter.  I have some clothes and shoes I want to post up to sell and want to see what else I can find.  I need to organize my craft area so I can start FINALLY making and selling stuff online.  I have sooooo much fake hair for dreads, I just need to bang out some sets and get them up online for you all to check out.  Just trying to maximize my tiny space and figure out how to make some extra cash, aren't we all though?  That's why I haven't done any new looks on my days off either just trying to get everything back in order from being in chaos over the holidays and sick times.  I have been doing SOME crafting though, some stenciling and patch making.
I was even thinking of maybe doing a DIY tutorial on stenciling, or at least how I do it.  It's a lot of fun and you don't have to be crazy good at drawing or painting to do it!  I did make most of these patches, but the Silent Horror and Alien Sex Fiend patches are the only ones I actually hand painted.  I did the Blitzkid one as a transfer and the Misfits patch is older than dirt I don't remember where I got it lol.  I really need to get more used to my sewing machine.  I hand-sewed all these so far, but I like the rough look of hand-sewing, especially the obvious different thread color.  I just need to order more spikes for the coat and we'll be set.  I used most of them up on my Bad Whoremoans vest.

Even though my exercise had to take a back seat while I was sick, I was really happy that I was able to pick right off where I left off in my running program.  I've been really proud of myself for sticking to a routine with it again.  My body has gotten used to waking up at 6am to workout before the day begins.  I love getting it done in the morning so I don't have to worry about squeezing it in and it just makes you feel energized and ready to kick ass!  I had an awesome moment the other day where I ran for 20 minutes straight.  That might not seem like a lot to some people, but for someone who never thought in a million years they could ever run more than a minute, it was a pretty spectacular feeling.  Been getting back into strength training again.  Since I started running I have neglected it, but now I'm working on getting back into it.  I also got my hands on the Insanity workouts which I'm planning to start soon.  I think it will be good for working on different cardio endurance and will also help with my strength training, wish me luck haha!  I have also been making some significant changes to my eating habits but I will post a new blog with a whole fitness update at a later time when my new changes have settled in.  I still have more weight to drop, but I def think I've lost enough that I will start to really see more muscle definition.  It's an absolutely insane feeling to see your body changing before your eyes and looking in the mirror and seeing a completely different person, but that too is a blog for another day (and it will be :P)

I will hopefully be getting my hands on a decent video camera again soon and when I do I will be recording another uke video!  I have a few songs I've been itching to record and post but have been holding off till I get a better camera.  I hope you guys dig them.  The more I post and the more feedback I get the more confidence it gives me to post!  I am supper happy you guys have dug what I have put out so far and I hope to only get better and better.  I have been really thinking about starting up some kind of musical project this year.  I have a bunch of ideas running through my head and when I think about them it makes me really happy.  I just got to sit down and write them and figure out how to approach them.  So we shall see what comes of those.


I DO have some exciting stuff coming up!  A couple of really great shows this month and working on a really awesome music video doing hair and makeup which I am very excited about.  Been dying to get a new tattoo and I have a killer idea, as soon as I get some extra cash you bet I'll have something new to show you!

Something I had posted in my New Year's blog was about writing more.  And I have some scribbles here and there but I don't have anything crazy new.  I've been going through a lot of old stuff seeing what I want to keep, seeing if there is anything I want to re-work, and I found this.  I wrote this in 2008 or 2009 so it's pretty old, but it's something I still kinda like (which is amazing cause I usually end up hating almost everything I write) so I want to share it again.  I had gotten the idea for it from a writing prompt online at like 2 or 3am when I couldn't sleep one night (which is when I wrote MOST of my old shit lol).  I also don't normally write structured poems, so this is definitely different than my normal, stream of consciousness, free-style style haha, which is cool, it's a challenge to write stuff not in your comfort zone.  I know some of you have seen it, but for those of you who haven't here it is:

(I did make this into an image as I figure it would be more difficult to yank plus if it was just re-posted, my site is right on it.  Not because I think it's so good, but I have had trouble with people stealing my work in the past...A LOT.  So if you rip anything I write, I will hunt you down.)


Thanks as always for reading guys!  Much love to you all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment