Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, New(ish) Blog, New Goals

Happiest of Newest Years oh blogger verse!  I am back and I hope this time to stay.  It's been awhile since we last spoke and lots has happened but I decided to start fresh, delete everything from this blog previously, revamp it, and start from scratch.  Sorry for the shitty header graphic, I have been without photoshop for some time to make quality looking images soooo, this will have to do for now.

I was never one for resolutions.  More of a "no time like the present" or "if you wanna make a change, what are you waiting for, do it" kinda gals, I wasn't someone who waiting for the new year to jump start me with goals.  This year however almost feels different.  2015 feels like a breath of fresh air.  I rang in the new year in pretty much the most awesome way imaginable - good friends and good music.  Unfortunately, I have also been battling being sick since before Christmas Eve.  As my sickness dissipates and I am slowly on the road to recovery (knock on wood), I've used my time immobile as a chance to kick start this blog again, so even the shittiest situations have their silver linings.

Picture break!

(Doom and I before Gogol came on)
(Our adventures around Philly)
(Outfit for the day)


(what better way to ring in the new year than with this handsome fella?!)

So, like I was saying...
I've never been one of those types, but this year feels so much different.  So many aspects of my life are new and shiny again.  It's exciting and scary and different and good.  I wouldn't say I have waited for the new year to jump start progress, but there are some things that I would like to accomplish this year.  Things I would like to focus more on.  I will now share those with you so if they don't actually happen you all can hold me accountable :-P.

1) Blog more!
  • Post more makeup looks, more fashion looks, more creative writing.  Try to do more reviews and keep up with posting about fitness related stuff too!  More writing in general!
  • Play more/write more music.  I started posting my uke videos and I am hoping to get better at the theremin this year so we shall see where that goes.  
  • Take more pics.  I got away from taking pictures last year and I'd like to get back into.  And also not settle for taking shitting pictures of my work or looks.  I'm looking into getting a better phone so when that IS my only option I still have a decent camera at hand *hopes for iphone 6 plus*
2) After I lose 100lbs, Keep going!
  • To continue on my fitness journey full steam ahead.  I have more I wanna lose and I don't wanna get complacent!  
  • Run a 5k with my friend Tia!
  • Tone up more.  I wanna see some more definition!
  • Keep running.  
  • Find new activities to try.
  • Really focus in on eating clean and eating nutritious food to fuel the body and mind.
  • Skate more.  Get faster.  Hit harder.  Be the best skater I've ever been and show people that even though I'm half of my physical self, I'm twice the skater I have been.
3) Make Art
  • More makeup looks!  More creative!  More ideas!  More mediums!  Make all the art with out apologies.
  • Make more hair pieces.  I miss making dreads and hair extensions!
  • Like I mentioned before make more music.  Write more songs/poetry/whatever. 
  • Work on more collaborative projects.  Photo and video shoots, internet collabs, whatever comes along just do more!
(first selfie of  2015)
I hope you guys will join me on another year.  Those of you who have supported since "The Myspace Days" (as silly as that sounds) have meant so much to me.  I have met and talked to so many amazing people because of social networking and the internet it really makes me grateful that I DO live in a time of thriving technology.  And don't get me wrong, I absolutely love and appreciate ALL of you who support me new and old, but those of you who have seen my ups, downs, and transformation as an artist and as a person, you are all wonderful. I made my first social networking profile when I was 13 years old and some of you have been here ever since then.  My awkward teen years, my awkward club kid/candy kid years, my angsty gothy years, and now, you've seen them all.  Thank you for sticking with me for over a decade now.  Wow....a fucking decade.  A decade of decadence and ugly things!  

Here's to even bigger and better things in 2015!  I hope they're dead things....I like dead things.



No comments:

Post a Comment