Sunday, March 1, 2015

South Jersey Weekend with Calabrese and Tia. RIP Spock, and Small Update! *pic heavy*

Hey guys!  So I had sooooo much fun this weekend and there is so much to tell I decided to post a blog about it just so I could fit it all in!

So Friday I packed way too much for only spending a night at my lovely Tia's place and made the trek down the shore.  I don't go down the shore that much.  Though after this trip, I think I might be there far more frequently.  It was warm...er...warmish on the drive down, so much so that I had the window cracked.  I've really become an expert at the Garden State Parkway.  And the quaint little speed limit signs that say "45mph," what a lovely suggestion *as everyone does at least 80mph past them*.  But in all seriousness it was only about an hour and a half drive, not bad at all!

I was reunited with my beloved #GothFriendForever.  For those of you who don't know Tia, I love her and she is wonderful.  Former 78s freshmeat and still amazing person we have bonded over things like music and attractive men and fitness and the occult...you know, normal girl talk.  But she makes my heart happy and the fact that she is so far away makes us both sad every day of our lives.  So we treasure these reunions.  We FINALLY got to exchange christmas presents and to our collective pleasant surprise we both hand made each other's gifts.  I had forgot to take a pic, but I had hand painted a wine glass for her in black and various purples.  And she had made me a very special and personalized box.  Oh did I mention she does awesome wood burning?  Oh no?  OK!  Well, she does and you guys should check out Wyrd Wood for he beautiful creations.  Anyway, she had made me a box and I also bought two necklaces from her.  I kinda love them very much.

Really, really beautiful right?!  I love them.  She also has some sets of ruins available RIGHT NOW.  I want to get myself a set of those as well when I have the money.  She'll also do custom work so hit her up for any ideas!

After catching up and screaming like little girls over our goodies and just finally being together at last, we got ready for the show.  And after that....obligatory selfies together, naturally.


And of course I tried to get decent pictures of my hair and makeup for the evening.


Tia wanted to take me to have the best ice cream I have ever had in my life so before the show we stopped at a place called Sundaes.  She had spoken of a magical, mythical creation known as a cannoli sundae.  Now, there are few things I love more in this world than cannolis (and cheesecake and ice cream), so I couldn't imagine such a thing even existing.  It would be far too beautiful for this world.  But it does.  You can get any flavor ice cream they have and the mix it with cannoli cream and pieces of cannoli shell.  I had to see it to believe it.  We got some insane chocolate Devil Dog Dick Titty Bitch (I believe that is the correct name for it, at least in my mind) ice cream in our sundae and had it topped with chocolate syrup.  And as we sat in the car and devoured it together I thought "How the hell did I lose 100lbs, when shit like this exists in the world."  Then I wondered how I have lived my life without ever eating this before.  And then it reminded me of the cheesecake milkshake I had on Valentine's Day.  God, that milkshake was good.


From there we headed to the show.  I have never been to the Brighton Bar but I would def go there again.  It was a really awesome place!  I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time, the lovely and talented Kim Kaos!  I love this bitch, she is fantastic and I wish I saw her face more.


The show itself was really solid!  Lots of awesome bands!  Super excited to see Calabrese and Biters and of course my buds in The Zombie Mafia, but found some new rocking music to check out with Cheap Cigarettes and Murdersmile!  Really dug their sound.  Everyone there was so nice too!  We even made some new friends having some birthday weekend adventures (hiiii Becky and Julie, you guys rock!).  I bought a Calabrese shirt and patch and Tia got a pin.  It was also the first T-shirt I have bought in a small so I actually own a band t-shirt that fits me properly again, yay!  I'm still not used to this whole I-am-not-an-XXL-anymore thing.  It really can be a mind fuck sometimes, but that's a blog for another day.  At the end of the show Davey came up to me and gave me a set list and signed it, it was sooooo awesome and mad cool of him!  Especially since I love collecting set lists, how did he know :-P.  A huge, huge thank you to our new friends Julie and Becky for snagging pictures for us with the guys in the band.  You guys are the best and Becky, I hope you had an AMAZING birthday weekend!





Soooooo much fun!  I took some shitty pictures during the show.  But mine aren't as magical as Julie's but I'll post them anyways!


pics of Calabrese, Biters, TZM, and Cheap Cigarettes
Afterwards we stopped and got food (veggie wrap noms!) and drove around.  We were super ambitious and wanted to go on the beach at night...in the winter...cause you know.  But we got to the beach and sat in her car and ate our food.  But we did drive around Asbury at night, and it was really pretty.  I love Asbury Park in the winter when it looks abandoned.  Probably one of my favorite things in the whole world.

The next day we got up early and went for breakfast in Point Pleasant.  We hit up a cute little diner for breakfast (cause duh, Jersey :-P) and then went for a walk around the main strip.   We found this AMAZING thrift and antique shop filled with so many amazing treasures including a whole cabinet of medical oddities, antiques, and preserved insects.  I wanted everything.  So many amazing old dolls and treasures.  We must have spent at least an hour there and we really didn't ever want to leave.  I took pics of what I bought and the things I wanted that I could afford.  Maybe next time ;-).



these are part of a set of 8 Chinese opera theater puppets from the 1800's. Set was going for $5,000


I can haz?!?!?!

Please?!?!

PRETTY please?!?!?!?

My spoils from the journey.

We stopped off in a really awesome spiritual/wicca shop as well and I also stopped in a cafe a got a coconut latte and strawberry oatmeal bar before leaving this wonderful land.  It really was a lovely place.  I can't wait till its warm for beach times and more adventures with my #GothFriendForever...Gogol at the Stone Pony perhaps??? X-D.  After I got home, I dropped off my stuff and headed for my RBBF's house to see her gimpy, broken-footed ass, and give her presents I had gotten for her during thrift times, and play music.  She really liked her gifts.



I was feeling kinda sick last night and felt worse today, so I wound up staying home and have been working on this blog and watching OS Star Trek all day.  I wrote a little tribute to Leonard Nimoy on facebook, so I'll repost it here as well:

"Sick today so wound up calling out of work. So I'm going to be in bed watching Star Trek Original series and the old movies all day and crying my eyes out. Cause Leonard Nimoy is gone. And I love him.
I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon of acting like every celebrity who died was so influential and magical and amazing or to especially act like they have influenced me in some way. But Nimoy IS different. Mr.Spock and Star Trek have inspired generations of kids to take an interest in science and the cosmos. Together they have influenced astornuats, scientists, actors. Spock is probably the most well known element in Star Trek. And as we watched him over the years struggle with the duality of being half human and half vulcan, he showed many of us what it was like to find and embrace our own humanity. He had a long life dispite his health issues, and overcame his own set of personal demons.
So yes, I did cry and am crying over Leonard Nimoy dying. He was a great man. And as the meme has been saying he didn't die, Scotty just beamed him up. And I hope where ever he is Bones is there calling him a green-blooded hobgoblin . #LLAP"
(Still one of my favorite shirts, even though it doesn't fit anymore)
I am currently in the process of setting up a tattoo appointment for something I have been wanting to get for a while and with Mr.Spock's passing, I think the time is right.   

Aside from being sick today and sad, this weekend was pretty rad!  I was so happy to get to go see some amazing music with my amazing friend, eat delicious food, and just be away for a bit.  I have been trying to get back into doing more makeup looks daily so I can feel like a human being again so here are some looks that I have done over the past week or two that I haven't posted on here yet, hope you all enjoy!








just being a goofball in my new shirt my friend got me for VDay!
Thanks for reading everyone!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment